As purchasing expenses grow, organizations are concentrating on procurement management methods in an effort to save expenditures. Companies will need to grasp the necessity of digital transformation in order to execute these strategies if they want to be competitive in 2021. Below are 5 Best Practices for Procurement Success in 2021 :
5. CONTRACT MANAGEMENT
Many organizations perceive contract management to be a big obstacle, and it can be a highly costly process if not done properly. Many organizations claim that they do not currently follow a structured contract management procedure. Among the methods for improving contract management effectiveness are:
- Storing all documents in a cloud database.
- A scalable, customisable interface that can be tailored to business requirements.
- Automated notifications, including automated alerts for contract milestones, renewals and renegotiation opportunities.
- Performance monitoring, including delivery time tracking, product quality, pricing and adherence to purchasing terms and conditions.
4. OPTIMISE INVENTORY
The typical inventory holding cost is between 20% and 30%. Understanding the true cost of maintaining inventory enables businesses to optimize inventories. Because most items have a life cycle of some kind, better inventory management will reduce the amount of capital wasted. Some of the questions that organizations may ask to have a better understanding of their present use are as follows:
- What is the ratio of operating inventory in terms of safety, replenishment and excess stock?
- Is the procurement team over-purchasing or under-purchasing products or services?
- What is the best frequency of purchases?
3. SUPPLIER ENGAGEMENT
As straightforward as it may appear to contact, onboard, and pay a supplier, doing so manually might take time away from other tasks inside the organization. Companies can improve the automation and administration of their digital procurement operations by utilizing appropriate supplier management solutions. Suppliers may increase supplier engagement by doing the following:
- Creating win-win situations.
- Treating suppliers as strategic partners.
- Using KPIs to monitor supplier performance.
- Communicating and collaborating with vendors.
Find more: Social Media Marketing for Business
2. SPEND TRANSPARENCY
Effective data utilization may be highly useful for internal expenditure management and encourages responsibility within a company. It can also help to reduce procurement costs and guarantee that suppliers are managed in accordance with their contractual obligations. Organizations may assure spend transparency by doing the following:
- Define and implement procurement policies properly.
- Monitor and document the whole procurement process.
- Identify and manage a list of approved suppliers.
- Establish specific procurement contracts.
- Conduct frequent audits.
1. UTILISE DIGITAL TOOLS
As purchasing expenses grow, organizations are concentrating on procurement management methods in an effort to save expenditures. Companies will need to grasp the necessity of digital transformation in order to execute these strategies if they want to be competitive in 2021.